Hamsa

Hamsa

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mothers


“When you are a mother you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” - Sophia Loren

 “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” - Tenneva Jordan

“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” - Osho

“God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” - Jewish Proverb

“A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” - Irish Proverb

“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” - Oprah Winfrey 

“It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.” - Barbara Kingslover

“On Mother’s Day I’ve written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You’re my mother, I would have no other!” - Forest Houtenschil

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List